Photography with Graham Parish
including tour to High Atlas and Marrakech
5-13 October 2021
Spend your first 4 nights at La Maison Anglaise Ecolodge well known for magical meaningful holidays, excellent food and exceptional staff, the award-winning set up relocated in 2020 to a stunning sustainably-run Ecolodge beside the town walls with a pool and permaculture gardens. Enjoy the sun all year round as well as exceptional menu of local healthy food. Located on the south side of the ancient town walls of Taroudant, it enjoys the best winter climate in Morocco due to its southerly setting in the fertile Souss Valley.
The last 4 nights will be divided equally between a mountain ecolodge and a stunning riad in Marrakech.
“A wonderful holiday. Its reputation is well-established, but it is now based at an amazing new sustainable, purpose-built ecolodge. .. exceeded our expectations (plus we are not normally fans of organised/group holidays!). Fabulous team, delicious food (including vegan), amazing accommodation, wonderful activities! Taroudant was a brilliant location to get a feel of authentic Morocco.” J Elmes, January 2020.
Places to Visit Taroudant is little visited by tourists, has shopper-friendly souks with an exotic traditional atmosphere. It lies between contrasting mountain landscapes: the majestic High Atlas and the extraordinary Anti-Atlas (beyond which lies the Sahara). And it is only an hour’s drive from the sandy, rocky and marshy habitats of the Atlantic coast.
Feel safe thanks to the care of loving English-speaking staff, good medical facilities, excellent WiFi, safe water as well as the town being small, relaxed and friendly with few tourists.
Heartful Holistic Holidays with a wide choice of other authentic activities including option to support charitable projects. Explore the fascinating culture with the help of delightful guides; option to explore, use our library or small spa, swim or laze in the sun or shade.
The People Enjoy the support of 11 charming experienced mainly English-speaking Moroccan staff and the resident tutor for your chosen week. The Holidays with Heart UK team provide substantial pre-visit information and support based on 25 years’ experience of Morocco.
Optional activities include crafts, cookery, language, visits to charitable projects, trekking, wildlife, massage and several other choices run by the amazingly knowledgeable guides.
Cost: £550 per person PLUS 1250 MAD (approx £100) payable on arrival.
- Airport transfers from Agadir on arrival day and to Marrakech on departure day at designated times
- Accommodation in en suite twin or double bedroom
- Substantial breakfasts and vegetarian evening meals (meat or fish at extra cost)
- Lunches every day except one, when lunch is optional
- Tutored workshops
- Flights (often under £70 return if booked early)
- Single occupancy supplement £20 per night
- Travel insurance (required)
- Meat or fish supplement
- Tourist Taxes 41 MAD (approx £3.20) per person per night)
Options payable in Morocco.
See details of prices and choices
- Cultural experiences
- Supplement for meat or fish dishes at evening meal.
- Feast for the Senses.
- Airport taxi transfers at times other than the designated flight.
Trip Advisor Travellers’ Choice 2021
Voted Top 10 in the World: Lonely Planet Eco Stays 2014 & VegeNews Vegetarian Holidays 2005
Responsible Tourism Trophy for Community Project Work 2009
Green Key Certified from 2012
About the Itinerary
An exciting journey with a camera through the south of Morocco enjoying 3 contrasting areas, starting at the traditional walled town of Taroudant. After 4 nights at La Maison Anglaise Ecolodge, you travel on to the Central High Atlas Mountains (the Ouirgane area and the Tiz n Test Pass). Finally, the vibrant city of Marrakech. Led by our delightful educated guides and drivers who are highly informative about culture, landscape, wildlife and history.
- 4 Nights at Taroudant in fertile Sous Valley, between the High Atlas & Anti Atlas Mountains at the new 12 bedroomed La Maison Anglaise Ecolodge with a pool and extensive gardens. A chance to familiarize yourself with the culture have a massage, a cookery lesson, visit the local or on-site steam baths. Optional excursion including the Anti Atlas Mountains & oasis.
- 2 Nights at Ouirgane in the High Atlas Mountains at a 9 bedroomed rustic Ouirgane Ecolodge with fabulous walking, a pool and a terrace.
- 2 Nights at Ryad El Borj in Marrakech at a beautiful riad in a central location.
Read more about Graham here
To Book or Express an Interest: Limited places available. Book early to get good flight prices, but please do NOT book flights until we give the go-ahead! Request a place at www.cecu.co.uk/book
We will then send you the payment schedule (split into 4 instalments. £100 initial deposit) & then we send lots of useful pre-visit information – we have 20 years’ experience behind us.
- 5th Oct Pickup on arrival at Agadir airport and transfer to Taroudant. 4 nights at La Maison
Anglaise Ecolodge in Taroudant (with excursions on foot or by minibus as you wish)
- 9th Oct Drive over Tiz n test Pass stopping at Tinmal Mosque depart at 10am. 2 nights Ouirgane
Ecolodge in High Atlas Mountains (half day on foot from the ecolodge and half day with Omar).
- 11th Oct Transfer to Marrakech, leave at 10am. Guide for late evening stroll to take photos.
around Jemaa el Fna and the Koutobia mosque and the next day on foot round chosen sights,
using public transport. We highly recommend the electric Marrakech City Sightseeing bus.
- 13th Oct Easyjet flight departs from Marrakech to Gatwick.