Photography with Graham Parish
6 - 16 March 2024
(4 night tour)
£675 per person and 3200 MAD
(approx £250) payable locally
This holiday includes 6 nights at our own Ecolodge as well as a 4 night tour to the Ouarzazate area finishing with 1 night in Marrakech. Full itinerary below
The Taroudant Venue Well known for magical meaningful holidays, excellent food and exceptional staff, our award-winning set up relocated in 2020 to a newly-created 1 acre site beside the town walls. Featuring a chlorine-free pool and permaculture gardens, the stunning sustainably-run Ecolodge enjoys sun all year round, having the best winter climate in Morocco due to its southerly setting in the fertile Souss Valley.
“A wonderful holiday. Its reputation is well-established, but it is now based at an amazing new sustainable, purpose-built ecolodge. .. exceeded our expectations (plus we are not normally fans of organised/group holidays!). Fabulous team, delicious food (including vegan), amazing accommodation, wonderful activities! Taroudant was a brilliant location to get a feel of authentic Morocco.” J Elmes, January 2020.
Places to Visit Taroudant is little visited by tourists, has shopper-friendly souks with an exotic traditional atmosphere. It lies between contrasting mountain landscapes: the majestic High Atlas and the extraordinary Anti-Atlas (beyond which lies the Sahara). And it is only an hour’s drive from the sandy, rocky and marshy habitats of the Atlantic coast.
Feel safe Thanks to the care of lovley English-speaking staff, good medical facilities, excellent WiFi, safe water as well as the town being small, relaxed and friendly with few tourists.
Heartful Holistic Holidays with a wide choice of other authentic activities including supporting charitable projects. Explore the fascinating culture with the help of delightful guides; option to explore, use our library or small spa, swim or laze in the sun or shade.
The People Enjoy the support of 11 charming, experienced, mainly English-speaking, Moroccan staff and the resident tutor for your chosen week. The Holidays with Heart UK team provide substantial pre-visit information and support based on 30 years’ experience of Morocco. Read more about our team here
Optional activities include crafts, cookery, language, visits to charitable projects, walking, wildlife, massage and several other choices run by the amazingly knowledgeable guides. Read more about our activities here
Cost: £675 per person
plus 3200 MAD (approx £250) payable locally
- Airport transfers from Agadir to Taroudant at one designated time on arrival
- Accommodation in en suite twin or double bedroom
- Substantial breakfasts, 6 lunches and vegetarian evening meals in Taroudant (meat or fish at extra cost); bed and breakfast on the tour
- Tutored workshops
- The 4 night tour is on a B&B basis and accompanied by your driver/guide and your photography tutor
- Transfer back to Marrakech airport
- Flights (often under £70 return if booked early)
- Single occupancy supplement £20 per night
- Travel insurance (required)
- Meat or fish supplement in Taroudant
- Tourist Taxes in Taroudant 41 MAD (approx £3.20) per person per night)
Options payable in Morocco:
See details of prices and choices
- Cultural experiences & Excursions in Taroudant
- Supplement for meat or fish dishes in Taroudant
- Lunch & Dinner on the tour
- Taxi transfers at a fair cost for those travelling at different times or places
Trip Advisor Travellers’ Choice 2020 & 2021
Voted Top 10 in the World: Lonely Planet Eco Stays 2014 & VegeNews Vegetarian Holidays 2005
Responsible Tourism Trophy for Community Project Work 2009
Green Key Certified from 2012
Photo: Graham Parish
Read more about your tutor here.
To Book or Express an Interest: Limited places available. Request a place at www.cecu.co.uk/book We will then send you the payment schedule (split into instalments with £100 initial deposit).
Book early to get good flight prices, but please do NOT book flights until we give the go-ahead!
Ouarzazate has long been the home for movie makers and series, including Game of Thrones, Gladiator, the Mummy and Lawrence of Arabia. In March Gladiator 2 begins filming in Ourzazate. Hopefully we will be able to visit some of the film sets!
Things to consider because this holidays takes place during Ramadan
1) While the staff break their fast at sunset they can’t serve dinner (this will be after your normal dinner time so won’t affect your schedule – it is sunset about 7 pm)
2) Our female masseuse can’t massage men in Ramadan
3) Shopping times needs to be planned with staff help; there will be a limited amount of shops and cafes open in the day (but it’s great fun in the evenings).
There will be daily tutored sessions.
Each day in Taroudant you may choose one of the optional activities on offer below. Anything listed as “optional” means it is payable locally and not included in the price. Please see our price list for costs.
Day 1 Fly to Agadir. Arrival Day – welcome & settle in for a 6 night stay at our ecolodge in Taroudant.
Day 2 Optional cultural experiences.
Day 3 Optional excursion: Claudio Bravo Palace & Gardens.
Day 4 Optional cultural experiences.
Day 5 Optional excursion: High Atlas Berber Villages: an insight into daily lives of villagers in the mountains.
Day 6 Optional activities.
Day 7 Travel via Taliouine (famous for Saffron) and Tazenakt (famous for carpets) to the village of Ait Benhaddou World Heritage Site. Out for dinner – choose from one of many highly rated restaurants in this scenic area
Day 8 Visit to the World Heritage Site. Out for dinner – choose from one of many highly rated restaurants in this scenic area
Day 9 Visit to Atlas Film Studios. Out for dinner – choose from one of many highly rated restaurants in this scenic area
Day 10 Travel to Marrakech over the mountains and via the spectacular Amina Garden “another world where art and nature are lovingly intertwined” (entrance fee of about 12 Euros payable) then stay 1 night at Riad Alida in the medina.
Day 11 Fly home early afternoon from Marrakech