About The Taroudant Area
We believe that Taroudant is terrific because:
- it is an authentic market town with the best preserved town walls in Morocco.
- it is a very safe, friendly town which is small enough to walk across in 25 minutes.
- it has few tourists and off the beaten track, yet with quick access to Agadir airport, with a good choice of cheap flights.
- it is only 3.5 hours’ flight from the UK and only 50 minutes’ drive from Agadir airport.
- it is very accessible to a wide variety of contrasting environments (each with different geology, scenery and wildlife) including the High Atlas mountains, the Anti- Atlas mountains, the Atlantic coast, the fertile Souss valley and the Tiz n Test, a mountain pass said to be the most spectacular in Morocco.
- although in the south of Morocco, it is not all arid; you’ll be surprised at the lush greenness of valleys and oases.
- it has an excellent climate, being the warmest town in Morocco in winter. It is so warm that tortoises don’t need to hibernate here – you too can come to bask in the sun in mid winter!
An Exceptional Location beside the Town Walls: just outside town yet accessible to so many places. For example you might visit craft workshops, the tanneries and the fossil shop outside the town walls or the nearby Grand Mosque, El Baroud Palace and the souks inside the town walls.
Our Unique “Holidays with Heart” bring the area alive for our guests.