Why Visit Us and Our Area?
At La Maison Anglaise Garden Ecolodge we can offer you experiences that most tourists will never have. Our staff will ensure you become part of the family and treat you as such.
Getting to La Maison Anglaise is Easy
- very accessible from Agadir airport (50 minutes) or from Marrakech (3 hours on the new motorway).
- only 3.5 hours’ flight from London with a choice of good value flights.
- option of overland travel.
Superb Weather and Climate
- Taroudant has an excellent climate, being the warmest town in Morocco in the winter
- It is so warm that tortoises don’t need to hibernate here. You too can come to bask in the sun in mid-winter!
Outstanding Experiences, Staff and Food
- award-winning team and activities in Taroudant with an option to join special interest holidays
- excellent locally-sourced fresh meat and fish and some of the best vegetarian food in Morocco. We also cater for a wide range of special diets.
- the expertise of our highly-qualified, friendly staff and guides
- visit, learn about and contribute to our various charitable projects
- huge choice of authentic activities in town and countryside
- free time to sunbathe on our private roof terrace, relax in our extensive gardens in the sun or shade, enjoy our library and displays or wander to a variety of sites of interest
Lots to See in the Area
A wide variety of contrasting environments are accessible from the town: mountains, valleys, urban, rural and coastal. Highlights include excursions to stunning mountain locations where few other visitors set foot.
I had a fabulous time at La Maison Anglaise. The staff could not have done more for us, the food was great and the whole atmosphere was so friendly and homely. Highest praise to the staff for their patience, and their ability to make us feel individually special in a genuinely sincere way. Sue Bullock
We specialise in making your holiday really special. Having our own outstanding driver/guides and comfy vehicles helps too!
Holidays with Heart at La Maison Anglaise
Travellers often stay on the periphery of societies they visit, but our staff take you straight to the heart of a Moroccan family. Besides, on one of our group holidays you get the chance to bond with other like-minded people. Our holistic approach to nurturing the whole person means you feed your spirit as well as your body.
Our menus have been lovingly devised with a strong emphasis on providing some of the best vegetarian food in Morocco (meat or fish if you prefer!)
The aid projects we support are on a human scale so that visitors can meet and interact with the beneficiaries and feel positive energy, compassion for people, animals and the planet.
Most of all, Holidays with Heart give you a real chance to tread carefully on the Road less Travelled, leaving an imprint only where appropriate and having opportunities to be involved – contributing ideas about products, volunteering, introducing volunteers, bringing donations for the projects…
Ethical and Exciting Holidays
We have been pioneers in responsible tourism and sustainable tourism in Morocco since we opened La Maison Anglaise in 1996.
We have received awards and are accredited for our efforts in this field including Lonely Planet selecting us as one of the Top 10 Ecostays in the World in 2014 and being voted Number One and Travellers’ Choice on Trip Advisor.
As well as our conservation efforts, we support a number of projects to support local people and the environment & wildlife.
These include our own projects (soap-making, olive oil quality, beekeeping and embroidery); the orphanage, the School for the Blind, a project to support Street Children and women’s cooperatives including rug-making and argan oil, wildlife conservation, animal welfare and several more.
Education, particularly of young people, is important to us in order that good practices become second nature.
We provide detailed information both before and during your visit to ensure that the maximum cultural insight and enjoyment is gained from the holiday. Morocco is an open, progressive society, which has an open attitude to the West. Moroccan open-mindedness means, for example, that although our staff don’t drink alcohol, they are happy for you to bring your own alcohol to the dinner table.